Roleplay Online

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Roleplay Online
Roleplay Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catering to all your creative ideas since 2017.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Devils and Details.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Devils and Details. Empty Devils and Details. Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Occult

Occult

Devils and Details. Batman10

The Occultist was in trouble.

He'd gotten wind of a sacrificial ritual in Iraq, through one of his contacts in the astral plane. Travel time was no problem, because his destination sat directly on a Ley Line, so he'd arrived within an hour of the ritual's start. 

What he hadn't been prepared for was that there weren't victims for him to save. No, the ritual's sacrificial component was him.

The Occultist has many enemies. Where the unassailable mystical power of the Sorcerer Supreme stands watch over the Earthrealm in the sun, he protects it from the darkness. Through whatever means available to him, he keeps the horrors of the night at bay. In return, they try their damnedest to kill him.

Ley travel wasn't always reliable, but it got him to where he needed to be. He'd supplemented his standard kit with a few extra trinkets, but he hadn't even had a chance to use them. It wasn't mysticism, even, that laid him low, but a simple blow to the head from behind. When he awoke, he was suspended from his wrists, gear taken from him. His captors weren't present, but he was sure they'd be here to kill him eventually.

Well, this... could be better.

2Devils and Details. Empty Re: Devils and Details. Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Spider Goddess

Spider Goddess

@Occult

The Goddess sat in her fortress, on her throne, comfortably watching an image on display in front of her eyes. A blank stare. Looking at them, no one could guess that she saw anything, most would presume she was blind. The fact though was this, she was not blind, far from it. Her eyes saw many things, the entire creation, it was all within her eyes. The strands of her webs connected the entirety of the multiverse. Such was the case but the Spider Goddess was a prisoner of her own world. She could not leave it, primarily because she was created to defend the realm of the Beast, and she was forever forced to remain within Betwixt to look over the realm. Though that was extremely boring, and the Spider Goddess had grown tired after millions of years of doing nothing.

And so, as recently as a few thousand years ago, she'd sent a few of her Bodkin to infiltrate Earth. They had but one task, that was to select a vessel for her coming. So what if she herself was unable to leave Betwixt, if she was able to acquire a vessel, then she would be free of the bonds and allowed to do as she pleased outside of Betwixt. It was not easy to find a vessel. the search continued. Bodkins influence increased and each of them eventually created cults all worshipping the Spider Goddess in one form of the other. All of this was fine, but the Goddess was not pleased. The Bodkin weren't doing what they were told to do. To be frank, however, they were doing their job, the Goddess just had an extremely stringent set of requirements for her vessel, this becoming a nightmare to find someone of matching descriptions.

A nosy Occultist was planning to jeopardize her entire operation on Earth, and kill her Bodkin. A devious plan was sprung up. She saw everything. She knew the Occultist had contacts in many planes of existence. It was extremely easy for her to send someone to buy the informant, and using them to her own advantage, to the advantage of her children, the Bodkin. Sure enough, the pray was caught in the steel webs of the Goddess, extremely easily. As soon as he was caught, hundreds of cultists of her Bodkin's cult in Iraq flooded in with their automatic weapons. They didn't fire just yet, but they surrounded the Occultist, weapons trained at him. If he moved even an inch, all of them were ordered to open fire and kill him on spot.

The leader of the group came forward, "We finally meet, Occultist...you...you don't know who you are dealing with. End your foolish quest and join us, or today will be the last day of your life," If they managed to gain someone as valuable as him into fold, then serving their mistress and the Bodkin would be even easier. An offer was made.

3Devils and Details. Empty Re: Devils and Details. Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:52 pm

Occult

Occult

@Spider Goddess

Interesting. They're not going to sacrifice me, they want to... recruit me.

"Frankly, I don't think you know who you're dealing with. I'm not some charlatan, I'm not a hedge wizard or a stage performer."

As he spoke, the Occultist began to open his mind. Not fully, that would be suicidal, but a mere sliver. And as he allowed the Far Realm's power to edge its way into his mind, just a little, a word came to his lips. Not a word he'd known, and once he'd said it, he would forget it once again. This was the Occultist's curse. The infection in his mind and his aura, which granted him temporary power for permanent cost. At this small a scale the cost would be negligible, but when he called on more of the power, more of his mind slipped away.

"I'm the motherfuckng Occultist. Aiat!"

As he spoke the Word of Power, his chains shattered, and the Occultist was freed.

With a simple gesture, a flick of the wrist and a twist of his fingers, he summoned a weapon to his hand. Not a mystical artifact, but a simple pistol. The only thing that distinguished it from a normal weapon was a red rune inscribed on the barrel of the gun. When it was fired, the bullets would do permanent damage. Every drop of blood lost to this gun would be permanent.
Devils and Details. Batman11

"Now. Who do you work for?"

4Devils and Details. Empty Re: Devils and Details. Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:45 am

Spider Goddess

Spider Goddess

@Occult

The cultists had no way of knowing what the runes on the seemingly ordinary looking Pistol meant, but the Bodkin certainly did. It'd worked on Earth for over a millennium gathering followers. Precious commodities, especially when its mother was getting impatient. So the moment such a thing was brought up, the bodkin was quick to act. It'd seeped through the entrance, a deep fog that covered everything, while its followers all filtered out of the building, leaving the Occultist alone.

"I know exactly who you are," its voice rang out through the fog. The Bodkin was anything that its mother wanted to be, gifted with immortality, the ability to go places and the ability to turn themselves into anything. "Mother will not be stopped, mortal fool." The Bodkin spoke. It'd already brought the temperature in the room well below zero, enough to freeze humans instantly. "And this will be your grave!" Its voice rang out.

Simultaneously though, the Bodkin had communicated with the rest of its kind on Earth, let them know that the Occultist was trying to thwart the plans of their mother.

5Devils and Details. Empty Re: Devils and Details. Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:26 pm

Occult

Occult

@Spider Goddess

The room began to chill. Before the Occultist even had time to speak, it was bitingly cold, enough to cause him to double over, shuddering. Through chattering teeth, he recited the first verse of the Pyromancer's Invocation. The spell in its entirety could summon flames that burn through reality itself, but the first verse is merely a simple spell of warming. Heat spreads through his body, and the Occultist stands- to find the Bodkin gone.

"Damn," he spat. With a quick Word of Recall, he summoned his equipment back to him, and fastened his goggles to his face. From inside his coat came a phone, and he speed-dialed one of his usual 'fixers.'

"Anu? I need you to dig up some information on a cult I found. No, Anu, you owe me this time. And... find me a boat."

The man wasn't loyal, but he was usually reliable, and the Occultist had saved him from some unsavory characters once upon a time. If anyone could find this cult for him, it would be Anu.

As the Occultist began to find an exit, he gestured loosely. His casebook pulled itself from his coat, along with a fountain pen, and began to notate this little adventure. He still held his un in one hand, and occasionally made the odd arcane symbol with the other, checking for traps and hidden doors.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum