Roleplay Online

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Roleplay Online
Roleplay Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catering to all your creative ideas since 2017.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dawn City (Location).

+3
Sensation
Leon
Black Knight
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Carbon

Carbon

"You're missing the point," Carbon said,slightly amused. "Regardless of whether you'll ever kill again, you've already comitted murder. You're a criminal, delusions of heroism or no." As the AI spoke, he pursued, though not before stowing the sword back in its compartment. "And before you call me a hypocrite, the Knight is a criminal as well. I'll bring him in when the time is right, but he's doing more good than harm right now. I can't say the same for you."

He's trying to flee. I'll have to cut him off before he can. 

Carbon began maneuvering his Aero remotely. It was still cloaked, and hidden in the clouds, as he moved it, positioning it near the closest point of egress from the city. Logic wasn't close, yet, but if he got there before Carbon could stop him, he could engage with the vehicle, and try to slow him down.

Logic seemingly couldn't resist throwing another verbal barb Carbon's way, as he ran. Insulting my intelligence? Ironic.

"Inefficient? Inefficient? James, I'm the most efficient machine ever to exist. That's not a boast, it's a brute fact."

With that declaration, the Synthetic Caesar tried his next strategy. A last-ditch weapon, which he was loath to use in any situation. A tiny sliver of Adamantium, a meta-material that was incredibly hard to mine. The minuscule dart he'd managed to procure had been comically expensive, sohe wasn't going to simply waste it here. He fired the dart from his wrist, attempting to pierce Logic's achilles tendon, in his foot, preventing him from moving further. Then, whether it hit or not, he'd try to pull it back, into hias body, using the monofilament wire it'd been connected to.

27Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden kept up his escape as Carbon spoke, He's got to be getting ready for something. Any time this guy stops attacking he pulls out a new trick to use instead. I'm not willing to be caught off guard. He thought as he leapt over another rooftop. 

"But far from human potential. Which is really sad coming from somebody who knows how much they suck already."  He said as he felt the needle enter his ankle, he turned midair and grinned. He didn't even hesitate in his next, extremely painful movement. He ripped it out. It didn't completely get through the tendon, but it hurt like heck and he was already starting to bleed from it. He ran a hand over it causing the blood to grip around his ankle and become crusted and hard preventing it from getting worse. He knew full well he was going to have injuries from this, ones that were going to last quite some time before they were fully healed. Nevertheless, he felt some amusement in the fact that the Knight had done better due to the tear gas, which he had no intention of letting happen again.
"The Knight did better then you're doing and he's clearly human." He taunted, he was still using the tendrils to send himself launching over building after building with ease.

Rather amusing, considering I'm not exactly human either. Even though James may be. 

28Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 pm

Carbon

Carbon

That's actually sort of funny, really. He's giving me some difficulty, but if I wanted to just be done with him, I could use the Relativistic Kill Vehicle, and just obliterate the city. Though that would probably annihilate the planet as well... probably overkill.

Carbon was following on foot, rather than flying. Logic was going rather fast, but Carbon couldn't get exhausted, and had a much higher upper limit on speed than a human.

Rather than fire light-speed weapons from space at Logic, Carbon opted for something rather subtler. He launched a grapnel from his hand. It was aimed at Logic's back, to stop him in his tracks, but Carbon knew it would probably be intercepted by a tendril. In that event, Carbon would direct the grapnel to wrap around the tendril, and pull backwards, trying to use Logic's weapon against him. In the event Logic was somehow denser than him, he'd fire tethers into the ground behind him. His intent was to drag Logic towards him, to get within striking range. 

If he managed to get Logic that close, he'd reach out and touch Logic, trying to inject him through a finger with a paralytic neurotoxin.

29Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:55 am

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden could hear the grapnel easily and whipped a tendril behind his back to knock it away. However to his surprise he found himself suddenly jerked backwards as the tendril was caught around the grapnel. He dropped to the ground as the tendril fell apart due to his surprise. He winced as he hit the ground only barely managing to land properly. However he recovered quickly, turning towards Carbon. The tendrils all morphed, and part of them wrapped around his body while some of the others turned into rather massive almost scorpion like tails.
Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Tumblr_njb5ebKqjj1rxf627o2_540
He moved with absurd speed, using them to launch him to the side while two of them ripped into the ground intent on coming up out of the ground behind Carbon to slam together with him stuck in between their crushing grip. 

He had no intention of getting near the android, he'd already seen the sword and had not doubt there were other tricks up the androids sleeves, that's why he kept his distance jettisoning himself side to side almost faster then even Jaiden could pay attention to.
"You cannot take me down like that. I've fought people far more impressive then you with less impressive abilities then I have now." Jaiden warned.

30Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Carbon

Carbon

The black tendrils shot up from the ground and caught Carbon between them. He'd seen them coming, through micro-tremors in the ground beneath him, but he had allowed them to grab him. Once they were on him, he went 'limp,' waiting for an opportunity. 

He waited until Logic began speaking, and then activated a strong electrical charge. His intent was to channel it through the tendrils binding him, into Logic's body. He hoped the attack would cause the tendrils to let him go, but if they didn't, he would try to twist his way out, though he didn't think he would have much success there. They seemed to be quite durable, and the change Logic had undergone likely only had reinforced them.

31Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:11 am

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden Logic

Jaidens tendrils very nearly fell apart as the electricity coursed through his body and he lost concentration. They did indeed let go as he dropped to his knees, and nearly turned back to liquid in fact. His teeth gritted and his head spinning with pain, and his breath quick from all the fighting he'd had to be doing both with the Knight and the robot.

In spite of it all, he grinned, drawing the tendrils back to him and lifting him into the air, his body mostly limp as it was doing so. But his eyes were strong and narrowed at Carbon, "And what do you think will happen? Will you try and kill me? That'd make you even worse then me, as I was going after actual bad guys. Or will you try to take me in? Hm?" He challenged his breathing still heavy, but his voice carried with it as if he already had knowledge of any answer Carbon could respond with, including ones that had no words to them.

Perhaps that was true, but it was also because of something else. If Carbon did kill him, Jaiden would simply switch backwards to the link before James. If he was captured he'd still have that option. Although, that's assuming that anyone could even hold him. Despite seeing James as a disposable body, he knew that he was also one of the most difficult to control in a prison or any form of containment of most of his links other then of two of them.

32Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Carbon

Carbon

Excellent. A clear success, with that tactic. It might not be wise to use it again, though, the human body can only endure so much in the way of electrical shocks before it errs towards lethal.

"I don't want to kill you," Carbon said. "In fact, the only scenario where I'd do so involves you threatening the lives of innocents, and there is no other solution but to kill you. Otherwise, my plan is to incarcerate you. In fact, I'd like to convince you murder isn't the way to solve systemic problems like crime, but I won't simply take that on faith."

Carbon picked himself up off the ground, as he spoke, and approached Logic slowly, but didn't make any move to attack. He was running a number of defensive subroutines, projecting possible attacks from Logic, and how to evade them from his position.

33Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:21 am

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden remained where he was, he didn't move except for his tendrils which curled around him, two of them holding him up as his foot was still in agony from the needle that ripped through it, despite him refusing to reveal any of that pain on his face.

Despite Carbons statement, he was still questioning whether or not he should be prepared for yet another attack. He had no intention of losing this body unless he had to, it was extremely useful and could be purposed for numerous occasions. But on the other hand he was thinking of escape routes in the case he should be captured, just in case he wanted to keep the body.

But then he paused, he pulled away the mask, and he grinned as he retracted his tendrils and leaned against the wall next to him wincing as he felt the pressure on his foot, 
Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Tenorhe tilted his head towards Carbon, "Two things, one. Have you ever heard of war? Or even what officers are required to be able to do? Death, killing, it happens at every moment of every day. I'm probably more familiar with this harsh fact then almost any other human of this world. Not all wars are necessary, not all officers kill justly. Murder? Hardly. Homocide yes, but that can be legal and just. Or else, you cooperate with people you consider murderers, and are therefor even more of a hypocrite. I already know how that was going to turn out if I'd have simply left them, they'd be released if they only had enough money, threats, or favors to do it. Murder is wrong, killing is not if the circumstances are right, and that you'll never change in me I'd wager." Jaiden then cocked his head and slid down the wall breathing carefully and shutting his eyes for a moment, "And then there's the matter of my incarceration. I have no criminal record, all that there is is you and another criminal to say these things. In fact even if you recorded all this, it would not be enough evidence. You're an android, so it's unsurprising if any recordings are easily generated off of existing data. You also wouldn't be considered a valid source of information without other ways of backing it up, even if you'd broadcast this to the police right now it wouldn't make it past any judge with a brain. Unless you paid them off somehow. You see unless you're going to incarcerate me yourself, which would be a crime mind you, and would doubtless fail, then there's nothing you can do at this present date in time."

34Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:01 am

Carbon

Carbon

Hm. He's quite the talker.

"You mistake the Knight and myself," Carbon said. "He has a specific injunction against killing as a whole. I simply don't kill as a matter of... convenience. I like to work within the law, wherever possible, and I'm enough of an adult to know systemic problems won't be solved by killing these people. A soldier can kill in self-defense, but you... you're no soldier. And those men posed no threat to you. A man with your abilities... that wasn't self-defense."

Carbon advanced, slowly. Once he was a little closer to Logic, he seated himself upon a ledge, adopting a more relaxed pose. His reflexes were such that there was no tactical disadvantage there, and he much preferred talking to fighting, wherever possible.

"And furthermore... well, the Dawn City court system is horribly corrupt, I'll give you that, but it's not the only court system in the country. Or even the state, for that matter. Besides, the area of law pertaining to meta-humans is a huge grey area. In just about any court case, it'd come down to the competency of the prosecutor and the defense. And I happen to be an extremely competent lawyer." Machine though he was, Carbon managed a grin. "And if you were let go free, and tried to kill again, I'd simply construct a prison for you myself. I work within the law because it's convenient, not because I have any great respect for it."

35Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:47 am

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden opened his eyes but remained unimpressed, "But once again, you are an android. You can't be a lawyer you see, it's not legal. Furthermore, as I committed the crime in this city going elsewhere would also be seen as a breach in protocol in America would it not? You say a soldier kills in self defense, that's incorrect historically. Take a knight for instance, they only get the armor, the resources, the time, and land they had because they risked their lives for others rather then themselves. Same for police." 
He didn't bother to stop Carbon from being seated next to him, but his nose and senses were picked waiting for any sort of chemical attack that could occur, such as some sort of attempt to wreathe truth from him or simply knock him unconscious.
"Here's another fun matter...there's no evidence I'm a superhuman. None except the word of you and a few criminals. Not sufficient for an examination the law would except, resulting in me not being classified as a superhuman. As for being let free, I'll put it simply, catch me or not you can't ultimately stop me from doing what I choose from a broad perspective. I'll do it anyway somehow. You are still an android, mathematics, maybe even semblance of strategy and detective work, are things of your nature. But mine are wits, I required them. You remember my question at your little speech, I had to test the waters. I assure you, I could utterly destroy your appearance to the public if I so chose. But...you're convenient." 
Jaiden grinned and chuckled to himself, at this point he hardly cared what happened. He was rather amused with the android managing to overcome him physically, but he knew that despite that he still had an upper hand that simply couldn't be taken away from him.

36Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Carbon

Carbon

"You underestimate me. Practically the first thing I did when I went public was get myself legally recognized as a human being. Not to mention, if I can produce evidence that a given judge is corrupt, I can call for a mistrial, and have you tried by a non-corrupt judge. As for evidence, I recorded our fight as a matter of course."

And of course he's laboring under the delusion that being artificial somehow makes me deficient. That I lack some sort of 'gut instinct' that makes all humans inherently superior to me. Laughable.

"You? Destroy my appearance? I'm a self-proclaimed super-hero, who fully cooperates with law-enforcement, and you're a man in a mask who runs around trying to murder people. I have a good reputation, even if I haven't been operating for too long. Short of committing murder, I doubt a paper in the country would run a negative story about me."

37Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:30 am

Jaiden Logic

Jaiden Logic

A laugh erupted from Jaiden despite the injuries he had obtained. The amusement was rather clearly not faked, although he did know how to manage that.
"You think I need a newspaper? Have you ever heard of gossip? Conspiracy theorists? Social media? You think your recording holds any value? You're an admitted android, why on earth would anyone with sense believe digital evidence you provide? Give me maybe a few months to a year and I could learn enough computer knowledge to recreate this entire thing pixel by pixel, sound bite by sound bite." he said grinning the entire time through his explanation.
"No it's you who underestimate me. I have almost nothing at stake, you however, do. The public face will not only be wary of you, but other superhero's if I exposed your stupidity. You think just because people seem to like you now you're public position is solid? Like you said, you haven't been operating for long. You aren't cement, you're more like a plant. You seem stuck in the ground at first, but if someone pulls hard enough you're done for. I'm...maybe I'm like an acid of sorts, or an extremely strong anti bacteria, I can be used in many good or bad ways. But my roots don't matter, I merely need to focus enough of me and the target will be destroyed eventually."

38Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Omninoid Overhero

Omninoid Overhero

T'laak hovered over the city, listening to the idle conversations people had in their own minds. What they would do for a dollar, how good the coffee tasted, who would win in a fight, et cetera. 

It was a relatively quiet night, that was for certain.

39Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:21 am

Fusor

Fusor

@Omninoid Overhero 

Mere minutes after the Solar Sentinel's arrival upon this Earth...
Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 15219410

This Earth is strikingly similar to my own in plenty of ways, but some key things are different. Of course, many places heavily affected by the presence of metahumans are fine, like Hawaii, but there's no Grim City either-instead, a similar-but-different locale, 'Dawn City.' Similarly crime-ridden, but not a blasted hellscape of death. And above it... who's that? Not... this world's Nemo? He looks different, but the variation from Earth to Earth could be severe.

The Sun that Speaks launched into the sky, and set off towards Dawn City. The tiny rest stop he'd landed by to rest at was in the midwest, but he crossed the distance in mere seconds, his limitless energy reserves giving him speed to rival light itself. 

He came to a stop in Dawn City, the middle-island generally just called 'Midtown.' Not far from the Overhero, but not close, either. He called out. "Hello there, friend... I'm new in town, care to show a fellow hero around?"

Before either of them could speak again, though, Sol's superhuman senses picked up the sound of an explosion. Across town, in the white-collar, high-rise part of the city. Part of one of the larger towers had exploded, and was currently on fire. "Scratch that. It seems we have a situation to attend to. Accompany me?"

40Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:25 am

Omninoid Overhero

Omninoid Overhero

@Fusor

T'laak could sense the idle thoughts of someone approaching, and he turned instinctively towards the Living Star with a smile. He did not pick up any note of ill will, and opened his mouth to show him the respect of speaking - only to be interrupted by what seemed to be like a bomb going off. 

He nodded, again, in response to Fusor's introduction and, in order to save time and effort, tapped on the recesses of his mind gently like a cotton swab to skin. 

"I am sorry if I am intruding, but my name is T'laak - I am known to some as Overhero."

41Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:33 am

Fusor

Fusor

@Omninoud Overhero

The mental intrusion was unexpected, but Sol didn't react violently. A telepath, then? Perhaps he's not Nemo. 

"I am Sol- my 'hero name' is Fusor. If you wish to call me by a human name, Saul is also acceptable."

As he spoke telepathically, Sol arrived at the tower, and began wading into the flames. He first used his x-ray sight to locate the civilians trapped within. "Be ready- I'm going to remove the innocents from the building." After waiting for a response, he would grab as many civilians as he could, and place them at the edge of the flames- nearest to the hole in the side of the building. He made several trips, until he'd found every civilian on that floor of the building.

"Have you got everyone?"

42Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:41 am

Omninoid Overhero

Omninoid Overhero

@Fusor

Upon seeing the flames, T'laak hesitated, but knew Fusor's plan - albeit parts of it. With his massive bursts of speed, the Living Star brought civilians to the edge of the building where T'laak had very few qualms in going. Telekinetically moving them one by one and in quick succession from the building itself to the ground, it was a matter of seconds before they were all safe - such was the refined nature of the Overhero's psionic prowess. 

"I do not sense anyone else in the building, Fusor. How do you suppose this all started?"

43Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:41 am

Fusor

Fusor

@OmninoidOverhero (I'm gonna make this piece-of-shit site make that tag a link, or I'll die trying)

"I've little idea. There's no obvious perpetrator, but..."

Before Sol could finish his sentence, something else happened. The very last civilian to be lifted out raised a vial of some kind of liquid, and tossed it, mid-air, at T'laak. If it even impacted, it would reveal itself to be a flesh-eating acid, designed to eat away at an organism, reducing them to just a skeleton in mere seconds. 

Fusor shot forward, grabbing the attacker by the neck- only to find him dead. A quick look with microscopic vision revealed cyanide in his bloodstream. 

"T'laak. Are you alright?" 

He seems to be alien, in some way- at least as compared to humanity. But that doesn't mean he's any more or less susceptible to human weapons than any other person.

"I may be able to burn the substance away, but I'll not use my abilities on you without your consent, unless your life is immediately in danger."

While he spoke, almost offhandedly, Sol raised his free hand out, and drew the fires raging inside the building towards him, absorbing their energy. It took but moments for the flames to disappear, leaving only the charred interior of the building remaining.

44Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:54 am

Omninoid Overhero

Omninoid Overhero

@Fusor

With a dull shock, T'laak projected a force field around the fluid as it came at him. The idle thoughts of the man responsible alerted him to the fact, and the fluid itself was harmless inside a psionic bubble. He casually disposed of it into the upper atmosphere, where the sun's unfiltered rays would dissolve it in seconds. 

"There seems to be something amiss and - "

The Overhero watched as the Living Star pulled the fires into himself, absorbing their heat and light with hungry force. He shuddered, watching the flames get closer and then vanish. 

"Please, don't do that again," he muttered. "I don't... I don't like fire."

45Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:16 am

Fusor

Fusor

@Omninoid_Overhero

"Of course. Most of my abilities are based around energy manipulation, but I can avoid fire as much as possible while we... 'team-up.' Now, as the threat seems to have departed, for now, we should turn our attentions to whoever's behind this. Perhaps someone with a vendetta against whoever owns this building? I believe they're in the building now... Jason Pendragon, of Pendragon Incorporated. Let's see if he'll answer our questions."

Sol turned towards the top floor of the skyscraper. It was fairly generic, simply concrete and glass. Inside, however, the CEO's office was huge, dominating the entire top floor, with ancient-looking trophies on the walls, a bear-skin rug, though microscopic vision proved it fake, and a huge mahogany desk. Despite the loud explosion just moments ago, Pendragon himself was sitting behind the desk calmly. As Fusor approached, he turned towards the window and smiled. Sol knocked gently upon the window, and Pendragon gestured casually, causing the window to swing open.

The CEO was dressed casually, in an expensive jacket over a t-shirt. 

"Gentlemen. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 15219410

46Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:40 am

Omninoid Overhero

Omninoid Overhero

@Fusor

Overhero nodded, and followed the Living Star towards the window. 

"I can sense some psionic resistance coming from this man," he telepathically transmitted to Fusor. "Do you know anything about him?"

Without saying anything, T'laak nodded his head in thanks and would follow Fusor's lead into the room.

47Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:04 am

Fusor

Fusor

@Omninoid Overhero

"I'm afraid not. I haven't been on this Earth particularly long. Maybe he has metahuman abilities, maybe he's just strong of will. We'll see."

"Ah, the Overhero! Our fair city's newest protector. And... I don't recognize you, but I certainly hope that symbol doesn't mean you're radioactive. Hahaha." 

Sol floated in through the open window, and landed on the floor of the office. 

"The... Overhero and I would like to ask you a few questions. Regarding the bombing. If you're willing to cooperate- we're not law enforcement."

48Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:21 am

Omninoid Overhero

Omninoid Overhero

@Fusor

T'laak nodded his head in accordance to the man knowing who he was. His reputation was small as of late, but concrete, and he respected the fact that this man seemed unwilling to have an ulterior motive. 

He would follow Fusor's lead, crossing his arms in the process of landing onto the floor. 

"Are you alright?" he asked Mr. Pendragon.

49Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:39 am

Fusor

Fusor

@Omninoid Overhero

"Fine, fine," Pendragon said, waving a hand dismissively. "My offices are reinforced with all kind of defensive measures- the best on the market."

"I can see through the walls of the office- he's not lying," Sol confirmed telepathically. "Do you have any idea why anyone would want to attack your company like this, Mister Pendragon?"

"No, not really... I mean, I have plenty of enemies, but mostly of the political or corporate kind. No one who'd bomb a building." He cocked an ear. "I think I can hear the fire trucks. I trust you heroes saved everyone you could, before coming here to interrogate me?"

Before either could respond, he turned, fixed his eyes upon T'laak. "Quick question, I can't deny I;m curious- are you an alien? Is the truth... out there? I've always wanted to meet an extra-terrestrial." 

50Dawn City (Location). - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn City (Location). Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:57 am

Omninoid Overhero

Omninoid Overhero

@Fusor 

"I am," T'laak responded, again nodding his head in a gruff respect for the knowledge presented by the man. 

"I am from Omnidia, the city of Arkada," he continued. "Coming to Earth was the wish of the world-mind, as it sensed great suffering from this world. I am here to help in any way that I can," 

He gave Fusor the equivalent of a telepathic affirmation. 

"The endangered areas were evacuated before we came here."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum